Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Week 9-Immigration Flow Map

Lab 9-Immigration Flow Map 1998-2007
I thought the initial challenge in doing this map was how to display the information.  The examples that are shown in the front page of the blog were outstanding examples.  I would have liked to have produced a map similar to one of those, but I didn't have the time (or perhaps knowledge?) to manipulate the individual regions effectively.  But something that I want to learn how to do!

At first I thought the use of the Adobe Illustrator pen tool was frustrating, but started getting a feel for it after a period of trail and error. It's a real valuable tool to know how to use.  I do like the color choices that are available in Adobe Illustrator as it enhances the artistic possibilities that are availble to the cartographer.  It seems to get easier every week. Whew!

No comments:

Post a Comment